Thursday, July 19, 2012

Texas Sun

There is very little shade in this RV park. It's 5:00 and the the sun has been beating down on our metal campers all day. I feel like I can't breathe. I turned the air conditioner up but it just blows hot air. At least the air is dryer inside. Outside the humidity is 97%.  It's cooler on the floor since I put the fans down low. The dogs are not panting now. I'm afraid to leave them, though. If the power goes off again, it would be like leaving them in a car in the sun with the windows shut. They would die.
I sit in front of the air conditioner and try not to move anything but my fingers on the keyboard. It's too hot to even go to the back of the camper and lie down. I tried it. I was soaked in sweat. It will cool down a bit before long and I can take the dogs for a walk. They don't get out of the camper much. They pick up fleas if they try to get under the camper where it's cooler. I've been battling fleas and ants since we got here. I'm actually looking forward to winter. I've adjusted to that after 40 years in New England.
My neighbor got a new air conditioner that just has a hose for exhaust. She didn't have to take a window out to install it. It really works well. I don't think I'd have the room for it, but it's a great idea and does keep her camper cool. Her's looks something like this one.

Click on the image to find out more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment