Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 8 - A Strange Morning


I woke up at 5am and could not go back to sleep. I usually sleep to 7 but I gave it up after a while and got up. I started in on working on the Genealogy Trails pages that I had volunteered to maintain. Before I knew it, it was 8:30 and time to take the dogs for a game of frisbee. 
The plan for the day was to take the van for inspection, but when I got home I was so tired I was dizzy so I lay down and immediately fell asleep. I woke up again at 11 and decided to run down to the inspection place and give it a go anyway. I only had 4 days to get this done. 
I gave the new power alarm a test run. This little device will sound an alarm if the power goes off as it did a couple of weeks ago. The cord is long enough so that I can set it on the front steps when I leave.  I had introduced it to my neighbors so they'd know what it was for. Yesterday, with the power on, with an air conditioner running and two fans, the back end of the trailer was 102 degrees. Without the ac and fans running, the dogs would not survive. 
The inspection place said they were running behind since they only had one machine working. Seemed pretty fast to me. The BEST part is that the van passed. Then I made a quick stop for food and was home by 12.  And it's already getting hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment